Our Other networks
Latest topics
» Need a tree and rock modeller to help with Mesogea
Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:08 pm by valisarius

» Hello guys problems on the home frount!
Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:07 am by runestyr

» Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs.
Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:20 am by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» The Races of Skyrim
Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:52 am by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» Happy New Year! :D
Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:36 am by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist
Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:22 pm by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» Shadow mere horse texture
Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:12 pm by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» Smithing skill +10 (warning, lots of photos)
Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:20 am by runestyr

» Karl Pilkington in Skyrim
Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:41 pm by Ultiman

The Shrouded Pass

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Shrouded Pass

Post  stratomunchkin on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:39 am

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen!

The Shrouded Pass is my concept for a lore-friendly mid-level (regarding the necessary effort and scope) mod for TES V: Skyrim.

Centered around the titular Shrouded Pass, the mod is supposed to lead the player to a group of adventurers and settlers who have set up shop at the foot of the mountains south-west of Lake Henrich in the Rift. A recent landslide has opened the way to an old pass across the mountains during which humans in earlier ages used to travel to Cyrodiil and beyond. Old texts speak of an old settlement, of even older ruins, and of the riches the many merchants and travellers used to ferry across the mountains through The Shrouded Pass. Yet one day a storm rose, as fierce and unforgiving as if all mercy had left the Divines, and for two weeks ice and snow rained down on the pass while thunder and lightning danced in the sky. When the icy winds finally ebbed off and the people left their homes again, the mountains had buried the pass' entrance, trapping, condemning all inside to their fate. Folk lore soon thought the place to be cursed, but over the decades and centuries, lore faded to myth, only to be finally forgotten. But nothing is ever truly lost in Skyrim's ancient lands, and now the pass is open again, and you are the first to wander it!

But the long cut-off passage through the icy mountains is neither peaceful nor empty. Beasts and monsters are to be faced, and light needs to be brought to the unclear fate of those that wandered this road and lived there before. It is up to the player to explore the mystery of the Shrouded Pass and clear it of beasts and the undead.

What is The Shrouded Pass supposed to be?

It's mainly an effort to get used to the new Construction Kit in a way that will allow us to make a meaningful contribution to the game world and the community. It may possibly also serve as a "bridge" between Skyrim and the community efforts to recreate Cyrodiil at some point.

The focus of the mod is based on exploration, mystery and immersion.

Quest Based.
The player will be informed via courrier that an opportunity to make money has opened. This will lead him or her to the settlers' encampment in the foothills, where the NPC leader will explain the situation to him/her: With the turmoil in the province, commerce along the established routes has nearly ceased. He intends to make a profit out of the situation by re-establishing the ancient border post in The Shrouded Pass, thereby opening a safe trade route. The player will receive several quests as his/her exploration of the pass progresses, including a final climactic battle.

Progressive and Immersive
As the player delves further into The Shrouded Pass, his actions will have obvious results on his environment, turning the mountain pass from a mystery & monster-filled, dangerous area into a rough but prospering outpost.

Inclusive (of the community and the CK's functions)
The Shrouded Pass will feature exterior (the pass, the road, the mountains, a ruined ghost town) and interior (ruin interiors, crypts, populated houses) areas, and is supposed to include voiced dialogue, scripted events and levelled opponents.

What is Needed
I have a preliminary structure set up already, but every bit of input or ideas is welcome.

Primarily needed at this stage will be voice actors (male and female) and (a) scripter(s).

This list is neither complete nor set in stone. What in the end will be needed depends wholly on the Construction Kit and my ability to wrap my head around it.

stratomunchkin

View user profile http://www.spbreit.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Shrouded Pass

Post  Ultiman on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:46 am

Wow i want to play this already sounds fun
i know of a few guys willing to jump in on this project and it will be great to see this get off the ground.
Ultiman
The Watcher
The Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stratomunchkin on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:36 pm

Great. Now all that's left to do is... wait. Laughing

stratomunchkin

Back to top Go down

Post  evion on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:46 pm

Heya!

Evion here (evionify on the nexus boards). This looks like a really well written, ambitious and promising project! If you need a male voice actor and don't mind a touch of a Swedish accent feel free to contact me :-) I'll leave a link to for some more info on what I've done / who I am:
http://project-skyrim.forum.com.bz/t2-modding-team-unite-a-list-of-tallent#44

Take care!
ev

Last edited by evion on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
evion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kael_159 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Hello!
I liked the idea very much! If you need my help with voice acting or soundtrack feel free to ask! =DD

I posted in the List of Talent, if you're interested please let me know! =D

kael_159

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stratomunchkin on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:04 pm

Thanks guys, I'll definately come back to you once we've got the Construction Kit.

stratomunchkin

Back to top Go down

Post  runestyr on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:57 am

I like it. I'm in for voice acting, writing, or whatever else you need, at the proper time.

runestyr
The Watcher
The Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seatoss on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:26 am

Would love to become part of this project.

I've posted in recent topics about the origins of my Voice acting skills, but i'll reiterate. I do Dramatic Interpretation on a national level, it's essentially a competition in where you act. I practice a 10 minute emotional, powerful script, mine for instance has around 7 characters, al with different emotions, personalities and completely distinct voices. I can do a wide assortment of voices but most importantly, emotionalize it. My competition revolves around the power of the words, and where I thrive. I will link a soundcloud file tomorrow to give some examples. I will need to wait until I have my equipment ready.

Thank you!

Seatoss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DiGiTAL ZOMBiE on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:15 pm

Im up for any 3d and texture work, I'm contributing to multiple mods currently so once you have an idea of what assets you may want building let me know. For examples of my work check out my portfolio thread here

The Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stratomunchkin on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:46 pm

Thanks for all the replies and offers! With the release date of the CK pushed to January 2012, I'll have the time to write dialogue and storylines and kep you guys posted.

stratomunchkin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top