Our Other networks
Latest topics
» Need a tree and rock modeller to help with Mesogea
Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:08 pm by valisarius

» Hello guys problems on the home frount!
Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:07 am by runestyr

» Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs.
Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:20 am by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» The Races of Skyrim
Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:52 am by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» Happy New Year! :D
Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:36 am by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist
Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:22 pm by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» Shadow mere horse texture
Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:12 pm by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» Smithing skill +10 (warning, lots of photos)
Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:20 am by runestyr

» Karl Pilkington in Skyrim
Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:41 pm by Ultiman

Skyrim: Soul of the Garou Nation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  Caille on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:39 am

Greetings my fellow modders!

Skyrim: Soul of the Garou Nation is my concept and idea for a mod to enrich the werewolf Lore of Tamriel by combining it with one of the best written Werewolf takes ever done in my mind. Werewolf: The Apocalypse. The mod will center its focus around the Garou Nation. A group of Werewolves who have, by choice, turned from Hircine and found a way to make their curse their strength. It adds new areas, new concepts and new layers to a lore that I felt was a bit lacking.

The players' status as a Dragonborn will play a large role in the mod as the "legends" surrounding the Garou say a Dragonborn shall lead them to freedom or doom them forever.

The player is left to figure out how they wish to tackle this momentous task and is drawn into the World of Tamriel in a way they may not have been before.

Lore Friendly

The revamps to Werewolf mythology in Soul of the Garou Nation have been carefully tailored to fit as well with the existing lore as possible. Many things have been adapted to fit the exiting lore into them without sacrificing the integrity of either.

Progressive and Immersive

Soul of the Garou Nation is a progressive mod, that is tied heavily into the main storyline. Finishing the mod can actually vastly add to the immersive nature of the main arc while adding entirely new levels to it.

Inclusive
Soul of The Garou Nation is a large mod, and will include outdoor locations, indoor location, new physical locations on the exterior worldmap, a completely new area beyond the existing map and a connection passage to get there, scripted dialogue extensive voice acting, scripting, new creatures, new abilities, new powers, new animations and more. It is no less than very ambitious as far as projects go.

What is needed?
I am looking for a team, an ambitious one. A team that wants to use the CK, SKSE, Script Dragon and whatever else may be necessary to put out one of the most memorable mods for Skyrim. I have a preliminary changelog written up and my entry into the Modders' Resource thread will show that a lot of it is within reach. But a team is always going to be superior to a one person show, as well as more efficient. The changelog is not set in stone, but the place from which it is derived is. The mod will draw heavily on the lore of Werewolf the Apocalypse and Werewolf the Dark Ages.

At this stage I need whatever help anyone wants to give. I am not pride filled. Though this concept may be mine, the execution of it I hope to be a team driven effort. Voice Acting and Dialogue writing to be needed at later production stages.

-Enter the Garou Nation! Werewolves revamped! The Werewolves of Skyrim have been revamped! The lore surrounding them has been updated and expaanded and you will find them a much more enriching and enriched part of the world of Tamriel while still playing as true as can be to the lore of Tamriel.

A certain group of Werewolves now refer to themselves as Garou and they have Five "Tribes" from which they hail. These "Garou" have chosen to serve Kynareth, in doing so freeing themselves of the Daedric god of Man-Beasts and the Hunt, those who fall find themselves of Hircine's brood once more. A war is on for the Souls of these Garou. As a Legendary Dragonborn Garou you have the chance to tip the scales and either free Werewolves from Hircine forever, or damn them all to his hunting ground. To combat you Hircine has released the Wyrm, an ancient force of corruption, and to it he has sacrificed half of one of the most bold and powerful Garou tribes through trickery. Now as Black Spiral Dancers they hunt you. Will you join the Garou, or dance the Spiral and join the Dancers?

-The Garou Tribes:

-Silver Fangs- Powerful, Honorable, Silver in Fur these Garou see themselves as the ones destined to unite the Tribes to one day defeat Hiricine's great Wyrm themselves. Imperial Descent

-Shadow Lords- Black in Fur, Cunning in mind, The Shadow Lords also see themselves as rulers of the Garou, but they wish to bring the Tribes together through strength of arm. Nord Descent

-Fianna- Hailing from the lands of Breton the Fianna are Travelers, Minstrels, and Lore Keepers of the Garou. Red in Fur. The Waking of Alduin, the coming of Dragons, the rise of the Wyrm and the chance at the final battle draw them in numbers not before seen in Skyrim. Breton Descent.

-White Howlers- Known as the Wild Tribe of the North, fierce and wild Nords these Wolves have always lived in the Frozen wastes. Sadly there numbers are ravaged as many of their ilk fell to the call of Hircine's great Wyrm. White in Fur. Nord Descent.

-Silent Striders- The Silent Striders of Redguard travel, it is what they do, messengers, and fleet footed vagabonds these Garou are seen in every nation. Brown-Red in Fur. Redguard Descent.

-The Fallen Tribe, Hiricine's Brood; Black Sprial Dancers- Many Garou fall to Hiricine's call. And when they do they are invariably drawn to a Spiral. Once they run this spiral, slaying the innocent trapped on its path, they become hers. And forsake their old Tribal allegiances. Most hail from the White Howlers, but there are members from every tribe represented. Fur remains the same as original tribe but their eyes glow a sickly green and they often bear mutations.

General Changes-

-Werewolves can now utilize the character menu.

-Werewolves may now loot corpses.

-Werewolves may now feed on any meat, even meat in their bags.

-Werewolves may now feed on animals.

-Werewolf Bloodlust has been removed.

-Werewolves do not require Bloodlust to remain in changed form.

-Werewolves can change forms at will.

-Werewolves go unfined in the city of Whiterun, who accepts the Garou companions.

-Werewolf feeding no longer provides bloodlust, instead it will heal players as normal.

-Werewolves do not derive nourishment from Vegetables.

-Werewolves now gain "Well Rested" when sleeping at a Cairn or a House they have dedicated with the Gift of Dedication.

-Werewolves now regenerate at a decent rate.

-Werewolves suffer double damage from Silver.

-Werewolf melee attacks now have varied animations.

-Werewolf melee damage significantly increased.

-Werewolves now have more finishers!

-Werewolves may now equip Spells, Shouts (and Wolf Howls) and special Werewolf Equipment!

-Werewolf specific weapons, armor and itemization has been added. Look for Klaives, Grand Klaives, Fang Daggers, War Harnesses, Totemic Helms, Ritual Bracers. Tribal Legwraps and more!

-Werewolves can bind gear to them so that it changes with them and stays on them when they change back to Homid or Glabro.

-Werewolf Powers called Gifts have been added with many venues to learn from. Learn Gifts from your Tribe and your Auspice as well as from other Garou!

-Werewolf howls have been added, similar to Dragon Shouts they are quipped to Z like shouts are.

-Werewolves are now complex character advancements, complete with 5 forms instead of 2, bonuses appropriate to each form and powers usable by their various forms.

-Werewolves have "Ranks" that dictate what Gifts and Howls can be learned, eventually as an Elder you earn the right to have a full pack of Werewolves at your disposal. (4 companions +you)

-Werewolf gifts are taught like spells, Werewolf Howls like Shouts

-Werewolf companions will now use their five forms if they are with you.

-Werewolf companions, you can have more as you gain in rank!

-Werewolf enemies will also use their 5 forms.

-Werewolf NPC AI revamped.

-Models have been altered or added for the 5 forms.

- Homid- (Base PC) remains unchanged
- Glabro- Muscle Mass increased by 15%, height and weight as well, gains unarmed claw attack.
- Crinos- Werewolf model updated slightly and retextured, tribal choice denotes fur coloring.
- Hispo- Dire Wiolf; enlarged wolf model, retextured.
- Lupus- Wolf Model; Texture updated.

-Werewolf Quests have been added! Quest for the Garou Nation earn honor and renown in the battle against the Dragons and the Wyrm. Unite the Tribes if you are able and become King or Queen of the Garou Nation, Free the Garou forever from Hircine's grip!

-Over 250 fully voiced quests have been added! Fight for the Garou or Fall to Hircine and damn them with you, your choice!

-Beginning when you become a Werewolf with the companions quests that parallel the main story can take you on a very different adventure than any other path in Skyrim.

-Choose from the 5 Auspices and gain even more Gifts, Howls and Quests!

-Ahroun- Warrior
-Galliard- Bard
-Philidox- Judge
-Theurge- Caster
-Ragabash- Stealth

-New areas; Cairns; have been added throughout Skyrim. Cairns are Garou "outposts" sacred lands to their new Aedra god Kynareth and the Nation protects them with a fervor. As more Cairns fall to the Agents of the Wyrm, Wyrm Dragons and Black Spiral Dancers so do the number of enemies you face proliferate. Save as many as you are able!

Battle the Wyrm or Join it!

-The Wyrm has been loosed by Hircine, a beast that corrupts that which it encounters and preys upon the Children and lands of Kynareth especially. It's monstrous children roam the world now.

-Fomori have been added to the world Freakishly mutated humans who serve Hircine and her Wyrm, they voraciously hunt the Garou. They are created when Bane spirits of Hircine enter a human host.

-Bane Spirits have been added. Fight them off or stop them from possessing humans and making more Fomor.

-The Black Spiral Dancers Tribe- Fallen members of the White Howlers and other tribes who throw themselves to Hircine becoming harbingers of the Wyrm and it's corruption. Fight them, or join them by dancing their corrupt spiral!

-75 voiced quests dedicated to Black Spiral player play.

-Attacks on the Cairns, Black Spiral Dancers will occasionally attack Cairns. Players will be notified of an impending attack by Silent Strider messenger. Players who join the Wyrm can join in the Attacks and will be notified instead by a Bane Spirit of Hircine. Attacks happen in parallel to where you are in the main quest. The mod is keyed to move along as you do!

There be Dragons and there be the Wyrm.

-Wyrm tainted Dragons have been added to Skyrim.

-Wyrm tainted Dragons have unique abilities.

-The Wyrm has been added to Skyrim, a gigantic Bane Spirit that taints Dragons. IF the Wyrm encounters Alduin, Alduin becomes corrupted and all Dragons awoken thereafter are Wyrm tainted. (if this can be accomplished)

-The Wyrm is generally too tough for all but god modded characters to take on physically.

Alexis
*smiles*

Caille

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skyrim: Soul of the Garou Nation

Post  runestyr on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:54 am

Ambitious. My comments are offered, mostly to provoke thought.

I haven't played far into the Companion quest line, so not being sure how the Were function in the vanilla game, cannot comment much on the changes you propose. I am aware of the RGP you mentioned, but never played it either. From what I can gather, though, this mod would be a huge change to Skyrim's game play. That's okay if people understand that it changes the focus of the game from dragons to werefolk -- you even make them capable of corrupting Alduin!

However many tribes you have, each should be recognizable by appearance, purpose, and characteristics, and right now I don't think they are. Two are of Nord descent, two have white/silver fur, two others have red/brown fur. Two seek to rule which mirrors the Imperial/Stormcloak struggle for power, two serve in different capacities which is cool, but one seems to have no purpose. All are of human descent -- lizardmen are immune to disease, but do the Khajit become weretigers if infected? If so, maybe you eliminate some of the above redundancies and make the 5th tribe weretigers -- rare in Skyrim, and probably used as scouts and light fighters by the other tribes. What about the elves (mer)?

Other than the unofficial approval in WhiteRun, how much do normal humans know about the werefolk? Are they known, feared, tolerated, or even used (in secret) by the jarls? Tamriel in ES4 had hundreds of vampires, are the werefolk the same in Skyrim?

runestyr
The Watcher
The Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Caille on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:54 am

runestyr wrote:Ambitious. My comments are offered, mostly to provoke thought.

I haven't played far into the Companion quest line, so not being sure how the Were function in the vanilla game, cannot comment much on the changes you propose. I am aware of the RPG you mentioned, but never played it either. From what I can gather, though, this mod would be a huge change to Skyrim's game play. That's okay if people understand that it changes the focus of the game from dragons to werefolk -- you even make them capable of corrupting Alduin!

Indeed it is ambitious. And I can understand where to some extent not knowing the inspiration material could provoke some of these questions. I will do my best to work through them satisfactorily.

The corruption of Alduin is only if such a thing is possible and it is NOT, I repeat NOT Werewolves, or Garou, who would corrupt Alduin. It is an "aspect" of the Daedric Lord Hircine, known as the Wyrm, which was released to sow corruption of the natural order in response to the daring of a Aedra Divine daring to protect his from him. I am not nitpicking here because if possible the mod allows for his corruption, but "they", the Werewolves do not corrupt him.

Yes this mod will drastically change the focus from "Just a Dragonborn who has to stop Alduin and the return of Dragons" to " A Dragonborn Garou who must stop Alduin, and the return of Dragons while trying to banish or join the Wyrm and either damn or save not only Skyrim but the Garou's souls forever". This is why I would hope someone would download the mod in the first place, because it is a major game overhaul in many ways. And someone with no interest in Werewolves would not want to download it. Someone not interested in a gameplay overhaul would not want to download it. The information inside would only serve as bloat to those not planning on playing it.

To a Werewolf the Apocalypse fan, I hope the concept is a fangasm.

runestyr wrote:However many tribes you have, each should be recognizable by appearance, purpose, and characteristics, and right now I don't think they are. Two are of Nord descent, two have white/silver fur, two others have red/brown fur. Two seek to rule which mirrors the Imperial/Stormcloak struggle for power, two serve in different capacities which is cool, but one seems to have no purpose. All are of human descent -- lizardmen are immune to disease, but do the Khajit become weretigers if infected? If so, maybe you eliminate some of the above redundancies and make the 5th tribe weretigers -- rare in Skyrim, and probably used as scouts and light fighters by the other tribes. What about the elves (mer)?

I can understand the thought process that led you to the first statement there, but it is not supported by the drawn upon inspirational lore. Each tribe has all 5 Auspices, no Tribe requires the use of another to get by. The Auspices are roles such as scout, fighter, wise-one. Not tribes. Yes the Silver Fangs and Shadow Lords vie for power of the Garou Nation's leadership but even a Silent Strider could become High King of the Garou Nation.

All are fully capable Tribes. Two do not "serve" in the roles mentioned it is just their "predisposition". All tribes have Lore keepers and Minstrels (Galliard Auspice) but a Fianna Galliard would be better to begin with. Think of them more like racial starting bonuses in the game now. Nords are better at heavy armor and two handers, but it does not mean no one else uses them or Nords are forced to. Nor does it mean you cannot be as good as a Nord at them, you just have a few more points to earn. In the end Tribe will yield some skill bonuses, access to various differing gifts, and a few other bonuses.

The White Howlers far from being useless were widely regarded for their Berserker Ahrouns. And for their raw ferocity, it was this that led them to fall, and the fall of the White Howlers and their decent to becoming the Black Spiral Dancers is probably one of the most prevalent recurring thematics in the source lore. Removing them because they do not stand out to an outside viewer looking in, is not an option. They are one of the single most Lore integral tribes in the mod.

Fur color. We currently have 5 distinct looking fur color re-textures (aside from one for Corrupted Black Spirals). They are Stark White- White Howlers, Silver/Grey- Silver Fangs, Red- Fianna, Brown- Silent Striders, and Black- Shadow Lords. Each is distinct and identifiable on sight. If I went by the lore in full we would have 13 tribes. Several Red, Several Brown, Several Black. I streamlined it for the purpose of one color to one tribe already.

Human decent. Yes. As are Dragonborn in general. To quote the game right after you become one. "Bah what would you know of Dragonborn, you're not a Nord" "I've been all across Tamriel and seen things as crazy as this...." Though the game does not prohibit you choosing a non human race, close inspection of some key lines will leave little doubt Dragonborn "was" a Nord (re: Human) thing.

Mokole and Bastet (Were-Reptilians and Were-Cats) will be the subject of the first major update. Not a perfect answer, because it leaves you to play one playthrough as a wolf, and go back to do the others later, but because of the intensity of changing the transformation animations, all new combat animations, all new models and meshes and textures and all new rigging, these just come later. And will include interestingly unique dialogue about how the Wolves find it odd to have a Crocodilian or a Felinoid saving their bacon. They will have a lot of unique interactions and dialogue.

A key point is that the Werewolves would never "use" another were such as a croc or cat for anything specific, each Tribe and sub species have all the Auspices they need as well as a good dose of Tribal/Species Pride. The idea of an entire subrace of weres being servile to the others does not fit well with the canon.

The Elven races respond to the "disease" as per normal for Humans. If there are or were Elven Werewolf Tribes they are lost or forgotten, leaving us the option as a team to explore such later.

runestyr wrote:Other than the unofficial approval in WhiteRun, how much do normal humans know about the werefolk? Are they known, feared, tolerated, or even used (in secret) by the jarls? Tamriel in ES4 had hundreds of vampires, are the werefolk the same in Skyrim?

Unofficial approval in Whiterun is the start. Quests in the various holds will lead to acceptance or rejection in each of them and the choice of manner of completion of some quests may preclude acceptance in others without extra steps being taken.

The general populace does not know, but the Garou Nation does work with various Jarls and it is through these connections that acceptance will be made. There are several hundred Garou in Skyrim similar to other games and Vampires.

Alexis
*smiles*

Last edited by Caille on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Caille

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spacerogue on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:09 am

Good to see you here !

its a very big an ambitious project, I'm afraid I'm limited to texturing and 3D models but if you need new colors or props I think I'd like to give you a hand there Smile

Spacerogue
Warmed up
Warmed up

View user profile http://www.biocore-studio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ultiman on Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:38 pm

This sounds amazing, well prepared and has a high amount of attention through out it. Thus i have moved it into accepted community projects.

let us know where to start sounds like a great project to be involved with indeed.

Ultiman
The Watcher
The Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  runestyr on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:20 am

Thanks for the explanation. As I said, I was asking from ignorance, but it's now clear that you have a lot more background and material. And when there is a lot of material, it has to be introduced gradually for players like me who don't already know the lore. If the fur colors are easy to see, that's great -- in vanilla Skyrim the sabrecat and domestic dog look the same at a distance, and I'm running at 1920x1080. I assume you have some assurance that whoever owns the WtA trademark isn't going to sue you for using their tribe names?

For the WtA fan base, I'm sure it will be a fangasm. I now recall that I knew some people in college who played the paper RPG in 1989. I'm sufficiently intrigued to run the Companion quest line, in order to understand the ES5 vanilla werewolf as the baseline on which the SGN mod will expand.

I should clarify that I chose the word "use" only in the sense of a business deal, i.e. hiring other tribe members for specific jobs *because* they are better at those jobs. But if the tribes don't associate with each other unless the need is great, that's cool. If their alliances shift (for example due to the success or failure of player missions) that's even cooler.

Finally, my meager talents (non-organic textures, voice acting, audio/video creation/editing, and of course playtesting) are available once you're ready to announce your needs.

runestyr
The Watcher
The Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Caille on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:18 pm

Actually my letter to CCP went out this morning.

I am addressing this first before I get myself in some kind of hot water.

My guess is, like fan supplements for the tabletop game, as long as I am not making money on it I will be good. Long weekend of script writing (voice script/story) and a flight to California to talk with one of the creators of WW:tA who is a friend. Monday I should know if we are legal and golden and greenlit.

Alexis
*smiles*

Caille

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Manbreakfast on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:32 am

I would like to toss my hat in to assist how I can.
Writing and Voice acting are my specialties as mentioned in earlier posts of mine. Ideally I would like to assist in the finer points of writing as soon as possible. =)

For voice acting, I have myself as well as a handful of friends/acquaintances that can use my recording equipment. Hopefully that will help fill the ranks of npc's that this is bound to add.

Manbreakfast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top