Our Other networks
Latest topics
» Need a tree and rock modeller to help with Mesogea
Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:08 pm by valisarius

» Hello guys problems on the home frount!
Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:07 am by runestyr

» Need someone to turn custom weapon model .obj and .tga files into skyrim-ready nifs.
Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:20 am by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» The Races of Skyrim
Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:52 am by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» Happy New Year! :D
Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:36 am by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» DiGiTAL ZOMBiES's W.i.P - 3d Artist
Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:22 pm by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» Shadow mere horse texture
Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:12 pm by DiGiTAL ZOMBiE

» Smithing skill +10 (warning, lots of photos)
Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:20 am by runestyr

» Karl Pilkington in Skyrim
Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:41 pm by Ultiman

New? Say Hello!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Howdy.       

Post  uruku7 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Seems I'm the first to say hi. I've been playing Elder Scrolls since Arena, but Skyrim is my first attempt at modding. I've already been re-texturing some for myself, and plan on releasing a few armor sets once the CK is here.

I do not work well on command, so I'll keep an eye out for what I could help with.

I can draw/paint/texture pretty well I'd say. I write some too. I have several mod ideas, but depending on time, real world things and such, I'm not yet sure what I'll be able to accomplish.

I can't post a pic here for 7 days it seems, but if you check my Skyrimnexus, you can see one example in my images of something I'm working on. Same handle there as I have here.

uruku7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hello Project skyrim

Post  Ultiman on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:28 pm

Hello guys.

I have not been around the modding community for some time and first started out with oblivion creating some interesting cells and re-textures after that i played the all evil world of Warcraft for a while and then started my own private server and helped a lot with the emulator team in helping creating some new content for my own and others servers.Now getting back into modding is a joy having left it for so long, still a lot has changed and there is defiantly some learning on my part to get back into it properly.

currently i am available to help at any one at request i can do textures, sound, voice, story and dialog and will help in any way. as soon as the CK comes out i will be able to help in creating Quality maps, city's, Towns, Dungeons and Keeps.
My knowledge on 3d modeling and scripting is limited but will help in any way i can.

I have only dabbled so far in a few re-textures my first was horrid and the later 2 are more of success still i need to get my head around the different maps so i can create some better looking re skins that have some quality maps to suit them

My first semi good one is
3 Bloody HQ skeletons 1024x1024 but for some reason no shadows apreaed in the screen shots and made it look awful Razz I still need to up date that

my Latest one is 1024 x 1024 HQ Shadow mere horse texture and worked out nicly but my normal map is making the horse shiny and i need to re edit it once i find out what to change.

Click image to enlarge
Ultiman
The Watcher
The Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New? Say Hello!

Post  Ultiman on Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:01 pm

Hello and welcome to the project.
Almost any help is always appreciated by some one I'm sure Smile
Ultiman
The Watcher
The Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spacerogue on Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Hello there, don't worry about the 'on command' thing modding is a hobby and not a job C:
Spacerogue
Warmed up
Warmed up

View user profile http://www.biocore-studio.com/

Back to top Go down

is this thing on

Post  Spacerogue on Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:49 pm

Heya I'm Spacerogue, I'm a lazy bumwannebe 3D artist, and modestly new TES fanboy.
I also attract strange errors and CS crashes, you are hereby warned.

I actually do 2D art but I'v made the leap to 3D with Zbrush around, so I'm mostly aiming for mods that add new items, I'm planning to make armors and other things (although I need some muse, he fell asleep under the staircase again, thats what you get with an alcoholic muse)
I do hope I'll be having enough time because after December I'll be going back to school and its a 2 hour drive home every evening.

I'm still a noob on this, I have been modding since Morrowind but its always been small stuff. Same for Oblivion, I'v had rotten luck with that. Skyrim draws me more in the Oblivion and I'm prepared to learn the most crazy things to get to my goal 8I ,I got the 3D tools now, it should work out.

Gazilions of errors here I come!
Spacerogue
Warmed up
Warmed up

Back to top Go down

Sup everyone :)

Post  jett on Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:39 pm

Hey everyone! Hope i can get along well with everyone and have a great time!
My skills are mostly in photoshop area but i can also use aftereffects, flash cs4, dreamweaver and i can code a website.
I also like to voice act but i need to buy a new HQ mic and i can retexture/texture I also plan to learn more on scripting oblivion kinda drove me away from it.

Nice to meet you all Smile

jett

Back to top Go down

Post  jetstreamLt on Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:40 pm

Sorry i wasnt logged in when i posted that Razz
>.<
jetstreamLt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Budz42 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:13 am

A hobby indeed... Hello everyone and thanks to Ultiman666 I guess I'll be migrating my mod project home site from Sourceforge to here once this place becomes a bit more beta-ish and not so alpha-ish. In other words when it has subforums set up for mod projects.

Budz42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just a hello from a man with ideas.

Post  Dragonolgy on Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:23 am

The reason I am here is because Ultiman666 suggested to me to share my idea of the mod I thought of. Now, I sadly have no experience with modding other than downloading and using some mods. The only thing I can think of that I can offer is ideas and suggestions to anyone who would like help or just a complete strangers opinion. My idea for the mod
Spoiler:
A couple of months ago I thought of a game that was well ahead of today's technology, but hey why not suggest a mod for Skyrim that is pretty close. Anyways, my idea was for a mod to let you choose an option during character creation or something similar to not be dragon born. What this will open up is the possibility to do things like buy a farm and hire some people to work the farm for you while you are away traveling or just to help you with the harvest. Another thing you could do is to buy a house that has a forge and all the goodies included (smelter, grindstone, etc.).

You could arrange for ores to be dropped off at a chest by the forge and the cost deducted from the gold you put in the chest. Of course you could always become an apprentice to an existing blacksmith, if they will have you, and learn to smith better quality items. (There was someone who suggested being able to smith unique weapons with gems inlaid in the weapons or a jagged edge and such, this would fit perfectly). Also, have it so suitable npcs (mercenaries, guards, the Jarl, etc.) come and ask to buy a weapon/piece of armor that is in your chest by your forge. Instead of smelting ores and forging them into worthy weapons and armor, maybe you want to just mine ores for some overseer who pays you per ore.(I know you can already do that, but add the ability for you to keep mining similar to the npcs who mine infinitely.) Just so you can't abuse this make it so the overseer talks to you when you try to leave the said mine and makes you sell the ore no matter what. Alternatively you could try to save up and buy a mine, and make a profit by selling the ores your workers mine.(though the amount per day should be randomized within reason, and you should have a storage limit so you can't just leave for month, come back and make 50k or more then leave again.

If you lean towards enchanting and alchemy, take the same general idea of the blacksmith but replace it with the appropriate materials. Alchemy-plants, animal parts, etc. Enchanting-soul gems, weapons, the enchantments themselves. Have some npcs ask for special items like a specific type of weapon with a certain enchantment, or a specific poison or potion. You could also hire some mercenaries to go gather the supplies you need.(give them soul gems to go kill monsters for their souls, or go gather hard to get ingredients for alchemy.)

Or if none of these options sound too interesting or you just crave for some delicious battle, you could try to form/join a bandit group who roams around attacking patrolling guards and non quest npcs. If you are a little more noble than that maybe you can join a mercenary group that hunts bandits, Forsworn, and other less desirable creatures. Maybe you could be a freelancer and gather materials for the enchanter/alchemist/smith.

Any other ideas are duly appreciated. Any modders who can do this and would consider this I would severely appreciate your time for reading this(I would do this but the most experience I have with mods is downloading them and playing them.) Lastly I thank anyone who bothers to read and leave a comment.

Note: I am actually very new when it comes to posting in forums so if I make any mistakes please feel free to correct me.

Dragonolgy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sup dudes?

Post  Golegrey on Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Hopefully I will be able to help you guys out on stuff, I'm mostly good at Writing and can do a bit of voice acting, but don't expect me to do a child or and elder, that stuff is pretty beyond me unless you want it to sound really fakish. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes stuff like this, so if anyone is doing a rebalance of the game or stuff like that I can help, I can also write storylines pretty well, but it really depends you would need to supply what you want me to write, I don't work solo on that sort of thing I like to work with people. Well that's all, hope we all have fun modding this amazing game.
Golegrey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ultiman on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:27 pm

Hello and welcome Smile

defiantly need some good writers there is a current project looking for some right now perhaps u can post your interest in the relevant thread http://project-skyrim.forum.com.bz/f17-the-shrouded-pass
Ultiman
The Watcher
The Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ultiman on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:30 pm

Hello and welcome Smile

haha i have hit a lot of errors in the past and know how your feel on that Razz
i have seen some of your z brush work and you shouldn't be so hard on your self its pretty good.
Ultiman
The Watcher
The Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ultiman on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:33 pm

Hello and welcome mate:)

your idea is very ambitious and could turn out to be a rather big overhaul and project should it get off the ground.

if your up for putting some ideas forward in for the moment that are not quite related to your current one there is a new project recently formed that could use some ideas and input. http://project-skyrim.forum.com.bz/f17-the-shrouded-pass
Ultiman
The Watcher
The Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spacerogue on Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Nifscope and GECK combined are a true power of errorevil let me tell you XI

The real nack is making the transfer to the game scene, all kinds of maps and keeping the polygon count down. Past two weeks I'v gotten into making UV maps, polypainting and getting them in the game, well Fallout3 since thats the most recent one that I have installed. Its a whole different kind of beast but its great fun. Then I realized I knew almost noting xD

Spacerogue
Warmed up
Warmed up

Back to top Go down

Hey Guys! =D

Post  kael_159 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:19 pm

Hey guys!
Just wanted to say hello and if you need any help with voice acting, soundtrack or crazy ideas I'm here to help! =D

kael_159

Back to top Go down

Post  DiGiTAL ZOMBiE on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Spacerogue wrote:Heya I'm Spacerogue, I'm a lazy bumwannebe 3D artist, and modestly new TES fanboy.
I also attract strange errors and CS crashes, you are hereby warned.

I actually do 2D art but I'v made the leap to 3D with Zbrush around, so I'm mostly aiming for mods that add new items, I'm planning to make armors and other things (although I need some muse, he fell asleep under the staircase again, thats what you get with an alcoholic muse)
I do hope I'll be having enough time because after December I'll be going back to school and its a 2 hour drive home every evening.

I'm still a noob on this, I have been modding since Morrowind but its always been small stuff. Same for Oblivion, I'v had rotten luck with that. Skyrim draws me more in the Oblivion and I'm prepared to learn the most crazy things to get to my goal 8I ,I got the 3D tools now, it should work out.

Gazilions of errors here I come!

It takes time man, practise makes perfect :] you sound like your on the right track Very Happy Post up some of your stuff!, would love to see what your currently working on.
DiGiTAL ZOMBiE
The Watcher
The Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

hello hello

Post  soullessone20 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:12 am

Hello everyone. I would just like to introduce myself.
I love games. I love, even more, games that let you mod.

I am not super skilled in modding for one area but I understand how it all works. I would put myself as a low skill in all areas. One thing I am able to do though is information management and research. I find there is no question I can not answer given enough time to search.

I am also interested in voice acting but must warn you, I do not have any fancy equipment. BUT I do have a wonderful monotone radio voice.

So if there is anything I can help with, please feel free to ask. Smile

soullessone20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Good morning, Project Skyrim

Post  Poleonil on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:36 am

Hey, so I'm here thanks to Ultiman. I'm French but can manage English as well as anyone.
I'm kinda the Modeler/Texturer guy, I've only been modding for Mount & Blade for now (Daydream rings any bells?)
I'll put some of my work on the show room if you wanna check it out.

Oh, and I don't actually have Skyrim yet, but if you tell me what needs to be done, I'll gladly do it Smile

Cheers!
Poleonil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spacerogue on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:55 pm

awwyeah more 3D folks CX
Spacerogue
Warmed up
Warmed up

Back to top Go down

Greetings and salutations.

Post  Caille on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:19 am

It is a pleasure to meet all of you.

My name is Alexis Diana Cameron, and I am a modder and tabletop game designer located in the greater Seattle area.

I have been a fan of TES games for a very long time, but it was with Oblivion that I finally cut my teeth on modding. Later I would find Fallout 3 and then New Vegas, and finally now Skyrim.

I am interested in many aspects of modding, from voice work, to scripting, to textures and modeling and more. I love games and love the stuff that is "under the hood" as it were.

I will be available for mod work in the various areas I am able to assist, if the project is of great interest to me. And I will be starting a project here myself

Skyrim: Soul of the Garou Nation- A Werewolf the Apocalypse, Werewolf the Dark Ages mod for TESV: Skyrim.
-Nexus Thread- http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/462121-skyrim-werewolf-the-dark-ages-mod/
-Project Skyrim Thread- Until such a time as the Project is Accepted by Ultiman http://project-skyrim.forum.com.bz/t30-skyrim-soul-of-the-garou-nation#82

Alexis
*smiles*

Caille

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Greetings from a voice actor

Post  runestyr on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:34 am

Rather than start a new topic, I'll just add to the latest thread.

Hello! I'm Don. I chose the nick "runestyr" because I work in IT and, 1000 years ago in Scandinavia, a RuneStyr was someone who had mastered runes, which was the information technology of the time.

Aside from my experience with voice and audio (link in my signature), I do a lot of writing in my job so can help with English-language writing or editing, and I play with textures a bit. I've been playing ES4 for the last 1 1/2 years (late to the party, I know) and like most SP games I play, it wasn't long before I started fiddling with ways to mod it. I made some simple mods for ES4, which I tested but never published, including some armor retextures and rebuilds, shields with torch flame effect, some gameplay changes (restore health and restore magic available for enchanting, at great expense), and a spell that summons a leveled warrior with leveled equipment (couldn't figure out how to level the casting cost also). Some of those ideas might be suitable for ES5 once I've played the vanilla game long enough to understand it better.

So, I look forward to helping with my voice and wherever else I'm needed. My work hours change a lot, so you can PM me here and I'll get an email.

runestyr
The Watcher
The Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DiGiTAL ZOMBiE on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:02 am

Caille wrote:It is a pleasure to meet all of you.

My name is Alexis Diana Cameron, and I am a modder and tabletop game designer located in the greater Seattle area.

I have been a fan of TES games for a very long time, but it was with Oblivion that I finally cut my teeth on modding. Later I would find Fallout 3 and then New Vegas, and finally now Skyrim.

I am interested in many aspects of modding, from voice work, to scripting, to textures and modeling and more. I love games and love the stuff that is "under the hood" as it were.

I will be available for mod work in the various areas I am able to assist, if the project is of great interest to me. And I will be starting a project here myself

Skyrim: Soul of the Garou Nation- A Werewolf the Apocalypse, Werewolf the Dark Ages mod for TESV: Skyrim.
-Nexus Thread- http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/462121-skyrim-werewolf-the-dark-ages-mod/
-Project Skyrim Thread- Until such a time as the Project is Accepted by Ultiman http://project-skyrim.forum.com.bz/t30-skyrim-soul-of-the-garou-nation#82

Alexis
*smiles*

Hey :]

Welcome! and nice to meet you again!, hope you find the help that you need here for your mod Very Happy

The Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DiGiTAL ZOMBiE on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:30 am

Budz42 wrote:A hobby indeed... Hello everyone and thanks to Ultiman666 I guess I'll be migrating my mod project home site from Sourceforge to here once this place becomes a bit more beta-ish and not so alpha-ish. In other words when it has subforums set up for mod projects.

Make yourself a thread under, Works in Progress / Help Center, Request a Modder. Tell everone about your project and what help your after.

The Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  runestyr on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:30 am

And, thanks to whoever put all these into one thread -- much easier to read.

runestyr
The Watcher
The Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seatoss on Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:29 am

Hello everyone! I have been having private conversations with Ultiman666 and he wishes me to come onboard as a voice actor. I will reiterate the fact that I wish to join the project solely on exploration of career options as voice acting is what I will be doing.

I am in an event called Forensic Speech and Debate in where you, well, debate. I am also in an event called Dramatic Interpretation and have been to nationals for it. I, in short terms, get a 10 minute script with 5+ characters, and have to act out with my own sound effects and have distinct character voices for each of the 5+ characters. Due to this event, I have been able to increase my ability to voice act and for that I wish to join the project for nothing more than the enjoyment of the process and the sheer amount of satisfaction that comes from doing so.

Thank you!

Seatoss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum